15. Decided on Bamboo floors and Cedar Tongue and Groove siding from BuildDirect.
Cedar Tongue and Groove Siding
14. Finalized and paid for roof trusses from Truss Pros Inc, Tallapoosa, GA.
One of the trusses that will create the vaulted ceiling in the living room.
13. Organized slab construction to begin next wednesday (13th).
12. Finalized the IKEA kitchen layout - we actually went way too early in terms of our timeline - they can ship within 3 days to our lot but can't hold items longer than that, we figured 3 weeks. SO we have to go back closer to when we need it, but not later than the end of April as their 20% off deal ends May 1st.
IKEA kitchen plan using the online planner
11. Soil compaction test done on the foundation pad by Cody of GeoServices of Cleveland, TN.
Moisture content determiner (radioactive!)
10. Gravel laid by Gary Sitton Trucking.
Instant driveway! Very skilled gravel layer just tips his bucket up and drives.
9. Underground power lines, transformer installed and temporary power pole connected to transformer by Georgia Power.
8. Underground power trench dug by Carnes Construction.
7. Septic system installed by Gene Carnes and Rick Jones.
|2 1000 Gallon tanks|
|Distribution box at top of slope|
|4 lines and water line from tanks|
|One of the 4 100' lines|
6. House foundation pad built and compacted (6' high), selected lot trees cleared by Gene Carnes Construction.
Foundation Pad construction
Foundation pad in profile.
5. Well drilled (240 feet, 20 Gallons/minute) by Jeffords Well Drilling and pump installed by Calhoun Pump Sales. (Note to self: still need to hook it up and run it for a couple days to get it flowing cleanly and tested/treated).
Jeffords Drilling Rig
Well pump and tank
4. Basic house plans confirmed with Kokoon, building permit approved ($550).
3. Soil test done for the septic system (by Eric at Cohutta Land Company) and septic permit applied for/received ($225).
2. The land bush-hogged (cleared) of many years worth of overgrowth (apparently there have been 5-6 previous owners who had never been able to follow through on their plans for the land - hopefully we'll not fall victim to this curse!)
Post bush hogging