Monday, September 19, 2011

Table time

Now that we've moved into the house, we are really starting to enjoy it. Waking up when the sun rises (no choice there as we have no curtains/blinds yet:), watching wildlife from the sofa and eating from the kitchen are really simple pleasures. After using one of the unpacked shipping boxes as a table for 3 nights, I decided to try out my newly-honed handiwork on building a us something to eat on. Luckily google showed me the way to Design Confidential . I managed to return some leftover tile and tile adhesive and got the lumber from Home Depot with the cashback ($60). I put it together on Sunday and we ate our first meal on it this evening. It measures 96" L x 46" W x 29 1/2" H. Photos below:






Our super-kind and helpful neighbour, Larry, lent us some chairs so we could use it. It worked well as we had HK-style fried rice. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment